How to apply for Turkish Citizenship by Investment
1. Choosing the right property
2. Property valuation and the appointment for the title deed
While buying a property with the purpose of acquiring Turkish citizenship, one should tell title deed officers that the aim of the purchase is to acquire Turkish citizenship, so that title deed officers put gloss (exegesis) to prevent selling this property for 3 years.
3. Receiving the Certificate of Conformity and the Investor Resident documents
Besides property documents, there'll be the following documents required; the translation of the applicant's passport, birth certificate, photos and the marriage certificate.
4. The final step of getting your Turkish citizenship
As Turkey Expert, we'll be carrying out the necessary paperwork and assisting you with every step of the way.
Fees for Turkish Citizenship by Investment
Title deed fees
- Expertise valuation fee for each property (about 1500 TL)
- Property tax, which is %2 for the buyer plus 500 TL and %2 for the seller (%2 of the total value of the property). It is common that if the seller makes a discount more than %2, the buyer also pays the seller's share of the property tax.
Turkish citizenship fees (for each family member applying for Turkish citizenship)
- Power of attorney (notary and translation fee, if needed) (1400 TL)
- Government fees are about 600 TL
- Notary (or consulate fees) are about 500-1000 TL (for translation of passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, documents showing your family etc)
- Health insurance fees are about 500-1000 TL for each year
- Document Translations fees are about 300-600 TL (if needed)
Turkish Citizenship by buying property, the minimum limit is now 250.000 USD as of 19 September 2018
Can my family and I receive Turkish Passport through buying real estate in Turkey?
Yes, your children under 18 years old and spouses get the right to receive Turkish Passport as well.
Immigration to Turkey by investment
Turkish Republic Citizenship Program has been revised and eased for foreign investors. The amount required for foreign citizens to obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate investment has been lowered to 250.000 USD from 1.000.000 USD level.
Can I relocate to other countries such as US or UK with the Turkish Passport?
The USA has a special program for Investors (E1 / E2), enabling Turkish Passport holders to relocate to the USA. For the UK, relocating is simpler by opening a company.
Is dual Citizenship possible, do I need to give up my current Passport?
No, you can keep your current Passport, dual Citizenship is allowed when getting Turkish Passport by investment.
Am I required to learn Turkish language to receive Turkish Passport?
No, the Turkish Citizenship by Investment program does not require applicants to learn Turkish.
Can I make a profitable investment at the same time while applying for Turkish Citizenship?
Yes, you can! There're investment possibilities, both commercial or residential properties offering excellent rental returns. We'll be glad to inform you further about the possibilities.
Benefits of Turkish Citizenship by InvestmentTurkish Citizenship program for investors is offering better conditions in comparison to similar Citizenship programs in other countries, such as;
- Speed: The total length of the application takes up to 4 months on average. This is much shorter compared to similar applications in other countries.
- The period of investment: You can sell your real estate after 3 years.
- Low required investment amount: 250.000 USD will be sufficient for the Turkish Citizenship Application.
- Maintain your current passport: Turkish Citizenship application allows for dual citizenship.
- The simplicity of the application: Applying for Turkish Citizenship is far simpler regarding paperwork needed.
- Dynamic Economy: The Turkish economy is very dynamic and the real estate market is booming. These conditions backed with a well educated young population, ensures excellent conditions for real estate investment.
Property in Turkey for Turkish Citizenship
Here below you can view a selection of Turkish homes and apartments which are eligible for Citizenship by Investment
However, with direct personal contact, we'll be able to offer you possibilities to suit your current situation. So please don't hesitate to get in touch with us!
We'd like to keep you posted.
We'd like to keep you posted.