How to apply for Turkish citizenship?
After deciding the property to buy, the progress of expertise and appointment for the title deed signing procedure takes about a week.
While buying a property with the purpose of acquiring Turkish citizenship, one should tell title deed officers that he is buying this property to acquire Turkish citizenship, so that title deed officers put gloss (exegesis) to prevent selling this property for 3 years.
About 15 days after the purchase, title deed gives you "uygunluk belgesi" (certificate of conformity) which allows you to apply "yatırımcı ikamet belgesi" (investor resident document), just after the latter, you can apply for appointment of Turkish citizenship, the application rendez-vous might be given after about 15 days.
Beside property documents, you will have to collect several documents, such as the translation of the applicant’s passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, documents showing their family etc. Thus, bringing the documents with you is strongly advised.
After the application rendez-vous, it takes about 45 days to get Turkish citizenship. The whole process can be done by companies or lawyers, except the last step below. The last step of procedure is giving finger prints and getting your Turkish citizen ID. The whole process takes 2 ½ to 4 months altogether.
Fees for Turkish Citizenship Application as of June 2019Read more...
Title deed fees
- Expertise valuation fee for each property (about 1500 TL)
- Property tax which is %2 for the buyer plus 500 TL and %2 for the seller (%2 of the total value of the property). It is common that if the seller makes a discount more that %2, the buyer also pays seller’s share of the property tax.
Turkish citizenship fees (for each family member applying for Turkish citizenship)
- Power of attorney (notary and translation fee, if needed) (1400 TL)
- Government fees are about 600 TL
- Notary (or consulate fees) are about 500-1000 TL (for translation of passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, documents showing your family etc)
- Health insurance fees are about 500-1000 TL for each year
- Document Translations fees are about 300-600 TL (if needed)
Turkish Citizenship by buying property, minimum limit is now 250.000 USD as of 19 September 2018
Can I and my family receive Turkish Passport through buying real estate in Turkey ?
Turkish Republic Citizenship Program has been revised and eased for foreign investors. The amount required for foreign citizens to obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate investment has been lowered to 250.000 USD from 1.000.000 USD level.
Here below you can view a selection of Turkish real estate which are eligable for citizenship application
This is just a small selection from our potfolio, please contact us for more possibilities